Content is a cross-section of fashion, film, beauty, and pop-culture ~ all with an Indigenous twist.
Urban Native Girl Stuff Blog = www.lisacharleyboy.com
The Association of Native Development in the Performing and Visual Arts (ANDPVA) is currently seeking an Executive Director, who is an experienced,highly motivated individual, capable of leading our organization forward.
The Executive Director, will provide strategic direction and overall leadership to our Indigenous Not-for-Profit Centre, membership, staff and community.
ANDPVA’s mandate is to help provide access, to artists of Indigenous ancestry, who are working within any discipline. Our mission is to help create, support and develop a self-sufficient community of Indigenous artists, and to preserve our traditional knowledge, while reflecting our evolving cultural expressions.
The Executive Director will bring effective leadership, with strong non-profit experience, and a passion for Indigenous Arts and Culture
The Executive Director responsibilities at ANDPVA will include; oversight and management of programs and services, operations, and facility. Program development, grant writing and fund-raising, interaction with community partners and resources, program budgets, program design, staff training, fund development, through International, National, Provincial and local resources, contract negotiation, and other duties as required.The implementation of the strategic vision and to follow the mission statement of the organization, as directed by the ANDPVA membership and its Board of Directors. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will keep it informed of key strategic, programming, financial and administrative decisions on a regular basis.
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall administrative, fiscal, personnel and program operations of the ANDPVA and oversees the organization’s consistent and timely progress towards the realization of its mission and strategic plan. A primary goal of the incoming Executive Director will be to move the organization towards fiscal sustainability and to ensure quality programming for the community.
Fundraising/Development: The Executive Director will work with the Board to establish annual budget and fundraising goals, and develop a long-range plan for the fiscal sustainability of the organization. Identify and pursue funding sources through government allocations, grant writing, solicitations to individuals and local businesses, and other means.
Human Resources: The Executive Director will supervise, train and work with staff to set and achieve annual goals, and to ensure that resources are available to make this possible. The Executive Director will maintain job descriptions. Complete annual performance evaluations for staff. Maintain an organizational climate that attracts, inspires, motivates staff , membership and volunteers.
Board of Directors: The Executive Director reports to the ANDPVA Board of Directors and Executive Committee. The Executive Director is responsible for providing necessary resources and background research needed for the Board to make effective decision-making (via the submission of monthly records and reports.) The Executive Director will assist the board in recruiting new members and maintain a climate that encourages positive active participation.
Program Development: The Executive Director will ensure that ANDPVA set and achieve annual goals, and that the organization has in place programs that move the organization towards the achievement of its strategic plan. The Executive Director is responsible for cultural, arts and educational programming development – specifically lectures, exhibits, concerts, performances, workshops, by securing needed funds, staff and volunteers, and supporting their work as needed.
Community Relations: The Executive Director will oversee the development and distribution of marketing and communications materials that positively promote ANDPVA’ activities, and that attract greater involvement in the organization. The Executive Director will publicize events to the community and to the ANDPVA membership through press releases, PSAs, newsletters, and e-news.
* The Executive Director will have- in depth knowledge of all phases of business, non-profit or membership organization management including planning, financial management, grant writing, human resource management, marketing, public relations, government relations, use of appropriate technology, and communication.
* Excellent leadership, communication, organizational and management skills.
* Demonstrated history of effective relationship management and interpersonal skills in complex organization structures.
* Demonstrated experience in multi-tasking and teamwork.
* Experience in government relations, public relations and/or marketing.
* Completion of University Degree in related field (and / or ) significant related work experience / history.
* Senior Artistic Management experience in the not-for-profit sector or media industry
* Proven track record in fundraising/sponsorship and financial management
* Excellent communication, analytical, presentation and motivational skills
* Proven grant / proposal writing experience
* Experience with strategic planning, goal and target setting
* Ability to work independently, multi-task and manage a number of projects in a fast paced environment
* A deep awareness of Indigenous culture and artistic practices,
* An in depth understanding of current Indigenous politics, As well as an understanding of both the historical and contemporary implications of Canadian policies upon Indigenous Peoples
* An awareness of anti-colonial / fourth world theories - as related to equity and social justice
* An understanding of Indigenous governance practices
Salary $40,000 per annum, flexible hours, and mobile work place..
If you are interested in joining our team please submit your cover letter, and resume, outlining your qualifications.Also “recommended” to be included in your application; is a sample of a succesful grant application that you’ve authored (including the sample budget proposed) as well as three letters of reference.
You may send your application in to ANDPVA using one of the following methods:
Mail: Board of Directors @ ANDPVA
Artscape Wychwood Barns, Studio 171
601 Christie Street Toronto ON M6G 4C7
Phone: 416 535-4567 x 101
Fax: 416 535-9331
Deadline for application: 4:30 pm ET on August 24, 2012
Location : Toronto, ON
We thank all candidates who apply. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified Aboriginal candidates